IDC is currently seeking a Research Director for our Retail Insights team! The Research Director will lead the IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Retail Intelligent Product Merchandising and Marketing Strategies program focusing on best practice, trends, market conditions, retailers' concerns, and vendors' offerings to provide authoritative advice on investment, life-cycle management, and use of analytics in core retail processes — merchandising, marketing, and customer management. The Research Director examines early-stage technologies such as machine learning and other artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to guide early adopters as well as later-stage technologies to support application portfolio rationalization. The focus will be on helping retailers spot and prioritize opportunities, save time, minimize cost, and mitigate risk, while also helping technology vendors develop and market products and services that meet market needs. Specific attention is given to the drivers, benefits, processes, uses cases, and best practices related to omni-experience customer engagement, digital supply chain optimization, and curated merchandise life-cycle management.
Grow the Worldwide Retail Intelligent Product Merchandising and Marketing Strategies research program through thought leadership and business development including:
• Assure that the research requirements of the programs are met and write research according to a research agenda
• Support client inquiry related to research reports and topics pertinent to research
• Coordinate the North American Worldwide Retail Intelligent Product Merchandising and Marketing Strategies research with other regions
• Contribute research and thought leadership to consulting projects
• Coordinate and contribute to AI and consumer marketing research for IDC Insights
• At least 10 years working with IT, in the retail or technology research industry.
• Experience in understanding the research needs of clients
• Ability to quickly synthesize data from various sources – interviews, surveys, secondary research and other IDC research
• Excellent speaking and writing skills skills
• Travel between 20-30%
• Facility with the use of MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelor's degree or higher in disciplines involving retail, business and/or IT
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.