IDC’s Worldwide Custom Solutions designs, develops and delivers content marketing and market intelligence programs for ITC industry participants (vendors, providers, partners). We are currently seeking a Consulting Director to join the team responsible for custom engagements with communications service providers, network equipment vendors, and IT providers. Projects delivered by the telecommunications consulting practice cover: 5G infrastructures and use cases; SD-WAN and advanced networking services; UCaaS, CPaaS and webRTC solutions, contact center and customer experience demand drivers, mobile enterprise applications, connected devices and Internet of things, vertical industry demand for new networking and telecom technologies.
The Consulting Director is a key member of IDC’s telecommunications consulting practice. This involves managing client projects, developing business, coordinating and working with IDC analysts, and developing practice strategy in concert with senior management. The Consulting Director will partner with IDC industry analysts, sales and other IDC groups to develop and manage market research and consulting projects. Clients will include leading telecom companies; network equipment companies; as well as leading IT vendors with a stake in wireless and other communications related solutions. After an initial start-up period, the Consulting Director will be expected to develop and manage long-term consulting relationships with assigned clients, including repeat engagements and contribute to strategy and operations of overall IDC consulting business, including development of new practice areas.
This position is based at IDC's corporate headquarters in Framingham, MA and will report to the Group Vice President and Consulting Partner, Worldwide Telecommunications.
The successful IDC Consulting Director will:
• The individual should have 7 or more years of professional research or consulting experience with a focus on business development and project management.
• Comparable experience with an industry analyst, research firm, marketing agency or vendor/provider is preferred
• Subject matter expertise and a working knowledge of the following market topics is advantageous: 5G infrastructures and use cases; SD-WAN and advanced networking services; UCaaS, CPaaS and webRTC solutions, contact center and customer experience demand drivers, mobile enterprise applications, connected devices and Internet of things, vertical industry demand for new networking and telecom technologies.
• Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and market modeling is preferred. At a minimum, the individual will need to show a capacity to learn these skillsets.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred (MBA, etc.); or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Clear written and verbal communication
• Strong project management skills are essential. PMP certification a plus.
• Experienced in MS Office
• Travel generally less than 20%.
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.